Our Summer Sea Camp is the core of our youth program, with two 2-week sessions each summer.
A hands-on summer camp, based at the historic Spaulding Marine Center in Sausalito, where your child (ages 11-15) will safely have fun and meet friends while learning big concepts empirically by sailing on the Bay, building wooden watercraft, and participating in watershed restoration.
- team work and traditional sailing
- chart/ map reading and creation
- meteorology via local wind patterns
- astronomy via tide patterns
- marine biology via fishing and exploration
- maritime history of Coast Miwok, early Bay Area sailing and the Marin liberty ships
Wooden water craft (boats, skim boards, paddle boards):
- wood craft/ Tool use
- mathematics/ geometry
- maritime history
- Bothin Marsh restoration/ oyster bed creation
- water quality monitoring
- riparian native plant ID via stream restoration
For more information, call or email the Center: email@example.com, 415-332-3179